Thursday, December 30, 2010

#ThrowbackThursday: Thomas Bronzwaer "Shadow World"

Around the year 2007 is around the time where my interest in electronic music and trance in particular really hit a peak for me.  I had been listening to acts like The Prodigy and Daft Punk since way in the past, but I guess you can kind of call that my renaissance year because once I embraced the lifestyle and genius behind trance, it changed my tastes forever.  I owe it all to that month of October (and the specific events of Lovefest in San Francisco and Monster Massive in Los Angeles).  Around that time I caught wind of this little gem from dutch producer Thomas Bronzwaer.  Quintessential trance at its best.  This track really takes you on a roller coaster.  The production is as perfect as the ear can pick up.  The effects are crispy clear and perfectly placed.  The main riff, while simple, leaves an incredibly lasting impression.  What more can I say?  It became one of my favorite tunes at the time and still has high repeat value when listening to it 3 years later.  I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.  For your listening pleasure:



~Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment