Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#NowPlaying: Deadmau5 "Raise Your Weapon"

What's up everyone.  I'm sure by now the loyal house and mau5 followers have gotten a chance to check out the latest offering by Deadmau5: 4x4=12.  I've had a chance to listen to the whole album and let me just say...wow!  Some of the album is pretty typical straight forward stuff from the mau5, but there is one particular track that stands out for me above the rest.  It is definitely the magnum opus of the entire album.  Here it is:

"Raise Your Weapon"



Holy moly! What a jammer.  This track definitely reminds me a lot of "Strobe" from his previous full length album For Lack Of A Better Name.  Although the track reminds me of that one a lot, this one is very different; namely the dubstep breakdown around the 4 minute mark.  I've never really been one for dubstep, much less dubstep breakdowns within already good progressive tracks such as this one, but I think it kind of fits in this case.  Especially considering the feel of the rest of the album, the dubstep part isnt so bad.  It's perfectly placed and is a good easing into the next track "One Trick Pony" which is entirely dubstep.  I probably could have done without it though.  If this was just another straight forward progressive track with an awesome peak instead of the dubstep breakdown, I could have given this a full rating in my iTunes.  Oh well...I still can't get it off repeat on my player.  Good stuff mau5.

~Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment