Wednesday, March 2, 2011

EDC Update: What a sick joke... (Justin Bieber)


You can imagine the emotions that ran through me (and I'm sure many others) when they saw this screen shot of Justin Bieber's twitter page.  That mainstream of an artist at EDC?!  It makes no sense and is completely unnecessary, considering it's not an event for that style of pop music and would completely overshadow the brilliance of all other musical acts involved.  The good news....SYKE!!  It was fake and completely photoshopped.  Phew!  What a relief.  EDC lovers...we can breathe again.  However, considering last year's appearances by members of the Black Eyed Peas and Lil Jon, I can imagine it's only a matter of time before Insomniac (or any other electronic music promoter) will want to cash in on this Bieber fever.  You know why?  Because word on the street is that he's going to release a dubstep track.  Now don't quote me on this, but I've heard from various sources that he's tweeted about it and it's in the rumor mill.  Will it actually come true?  Only time will tell.  However, with the release Britney Spears' dubstep flavored "Hold It Against Me", I really would not be surprised.  Pop artists have already raped electro house dry that they need to milk another genre on the rise, and dubstep would fit that criteria perfectly.  What would a Bieber dubstep track sound like?  I do n't know, but here's something to hold you over (/ make you not want to hear for a bit):



You know, now that I take a second look at the photo above, why the hell did I fall for that?  It's pretty poorly photoshopped but still managed to get me up in arms...FAIL.  Anyway, I'll end this with a big SIGH of relief and another Biebertastic youtube video (you might actually enjoy this one)...



Cheers,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment