Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Random Thoughts: Deadmau5 at VMA's

What's up everyone? Welcome to another late entry into the rehab clinic blog. Hope everyone is having a good week so far. It's getting to the close of summer and sadly that means back to school for a lot of people out there and colder weather slowly throughout the coming weeks though. Indeed a depressing time for everyone unless they completely love the fall season. Honestly, anyone that actually prefers fall season to summer must be a sad, lonely person. All that aside however, I've had some thoughts brewing in my head lately in the world of music. I haven't put a random thoughts posting in quite a bit. I've been thinking too much about long columns and important pieces to come up with that I have forgot to update with simple ramblings. So let's get down to it...

There's a lot of talk right now about the much anticipated (and dreaded for some of you) MTV Video Music Awards. Oh man...a lot can be said about these awards and MTV as a whole, but let's just say that these are the 2nd biggest awards in music behind the grammys. Many, like myself, could argue that the MTV VMA's are just a horrible waste of time and production money to hand out fake awards to payola artists who everyone already knew was going to win anyway. All that aside, we still watch them anyway. Ratings keep things on tv so we're all guilty for this one. I plan on writing a full piece in anticipation for the VMA's to look out for that one. But right now I have just have one thought I want to share on this...DEADMAU5 IS THE HOUSE ARTIST?? It has been announced that one of my favorites, Joel Zimmerman aka Deadmau5, is going to be the house artist for the VMA's this year. This is a shocking but yet awesome announcement. Good and bad things can come out of this, but it certainly means that the electronic scene is alive, well, and on the come up. I'll drop another piece on how electronic music becoming popular is also a double edged sword. In the meantime...I just send out my congratulations for deadmau5. He has been a hard worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment