Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Now Playing: Deadmau5 "Right This Second" (New Track)

One of my favorite but highly regarded and slightly disliked producers, Deadmau5, is coming out with a new album called 4x4=12 and has released his debut single for it exclusively on iTunes. Here it is for your listening pleasure:



I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It seems kind of...bland? I don't know, I don't really feel a rising action out of it like most of Deadmau5's tracks that he releases as singles. This definitely doesn't seem like a crowd picker upper in anyone's sets. It's not bad by any means...but it doesn't really...excite? Yeah, that's the word. But in this day and age it seems like the mau5 man is doing his own thing and not really trying to please the crowd. Who knows though, maybe like all other Deadmau5 releases, it will grow on me the more I hear it in clubs and what not. If this is any indication of the forthcoming album, it might sound more like another At Play release than a full on compilation or artist album. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment